Collings I30 LC
The idea for the I-30 LC was to take the concept of a double cutaway, fully-hollow, P90 equipped guitar and refine it to the extent that it offers something truly new for today's players. The result is one of the most acoustically responsive and versatile electric guitars that collings has ever built.
The lightweight, "trestle" braced body of this I-30 LC has been refined through extensive R&D, and is the distillation of knowledge gleaned from the very popular I-35 and Statesman LC series models. The trestle brace design directly couples the neck and tail block, creating exceptional strength and acoustical energy transference, while also allowing for a lightness and responsiveness that is both a tactile and musical joy to experience.
- Top Wood: Maple laminate
- Back Wood: Maple laminate
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24 7/8"
- Serial: 20397
- Bracing: Parallel Trestle Braces
- Inlays: MOP long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- Neck Wood: Honduran mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: Kluson ABR-1(nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Knobs: Gold
- Body Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Fretboard Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Pickguard: Black
- Headstock Shape: Haircut
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Neck Profile: Custom 60's Neck Carve
- Pickup(s): Lollar Dog Ear P90s
- Pickup Controls: Gold Knobs
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell case by Ameritage