Collings Guitars Parlor 1 Traditional - 15035
Long, lean, light, lovely, lush... Am I missing anything? This custom Collings Parlor 1 is a true joy to look at and play. The black painted sitka top and dark mahogany back and sides give this guitar an air of mystery. The Parlor guitar is extremely light weight and fits well in your hands making it very easy and natural to play. The short scale, 12-fret neck makes chords easier to play with smaller hands and allows you to move up and down the neck with ease.
This Parlor has a beautiful resonance to it. The notes just keep ringing long after they're played. The sound is very rich and present with a well rounded mid range and exceptional note articulation. This is the perfect guitar for gathering with friends and family, studio sessions, or just spending time alone with the guitar playing till your heart is content.
The Parlor body shape and Collings traditional construction hearkens back to some of the first steel stringed guitars of the 19th century. This guitar style is often overlooked, but is one of the forefathers to the modern acoustic guitar. The Parlor guitar is extremely responsive, portable and the perfect "living room" guitar.
Collings did this one right with the black painted top, dark stained mahogany back and sides, tortoise accents and gold Mother of Pearl inlay work to accompany the gold tuners.
- Model: Parlor 1 T
- Serial #: 31752
- ID #: 15035
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Honduran Mahogany
- Neck: Honduran Mahogany
- Build: Traditional Series Build & Voicing
- Body Bindings: Tortoise Celluloid
- Purfling: Custom Wood
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony Pyramid Style
- String Spacing: 2 5/16"
- Bridge Pins: Tortoise Celluloid
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlays: Gold MOP Short Dot
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" to 16" Compound
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone Drop-In
- Neck Profile: Modified "V"
- Peghead: Tapered Slotted Square w/ Volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & Tenon Hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully Adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% Nickel-Silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Gold MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners: Custom Waverly Engraved 3-on-a-plate w/ Tortoise Buttons
- Backstrip: 1-Style Walnut
- Rosette: Collings Custom Wood
- Scale: 24 7/16" Short Scale
- Bracing: Sitka Spruce
- Bracing: Collings Custom Traditional Series Pre-War Scalloped X-Brace and No Tongue Brace
- Finish: High Gloss Ultra-Thin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color: Custom Jet Black Top Finish
- Pickguard: None
- Strings: PLEK Setup w/ D'Addario EJ-28 (.011" - .052")
- Case: Deluxe TKL Hardshell