Collings MT Mandolin Engelmann Spruce and Maple A Style with Custom Sunburst Gloss Top ID-7135
Collings MT Mandolin Engelmann Spruce and Maple A Style with Custom Sunburst Gloss Top
Hand-crafted in Austin, TX, Collings mandolins are built with finest seasoned spruce and eastern maple. With equal emphasis placed on tone, "fit and finish" and playability, they achieve a new benchmark of quality in mandolins. The Collings MT Mandolin is a standard A-model with custom appointments. The custom Sunburst Gloss top is a wonderful fully carved Engelmann spruce with flamed maple back and sides as well as a Satin Finish. Engelmann is highly responsive without requiring a heavy pick attack. This tonewood is known for warm, lush, thick sounds with a smooth high end and punchy midrange. It doesn't need to be played hard to sound great, although it handles heavy playing quite well too.
To complete the package, this custom MT also features custom ivoroid bindings, bound pickguard and Nickel tuners with ivoroid buttons. The ivoroid bindings and bound ebony pickguard make for a very classy look, complimenting the gloss finish perfectly. These additional features really make the MT stand out, with a very classy and traditional appearance.
Collings makes instruments with such superb tone and aesthetics. The craftmanship is top notch and comes out in the tone, playability, and feel of their great instrument. This mandolin is truly a great one to add to any players collection.
- Shipping Weight: 47
- Serial: A2762
- Top Wood: Engelmann Spruce
- Back Wood: Maple
- Nut Width: 1 1/8"
- Scale: 13 7/8"
- Bracing: Tone bar bracing
- Inlays: Dot fingerboard inlays
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fretboard: 22 fret ebony fretboard 5 1/2"-11 5/8" Compound fingerboard radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 1 9/16"
- Bridge: Collings adjustable ebony bridge
- Tuners: Nickel Tuners with Black Buttons
- Body Binding: Ivoroid
- Pickguard: Ivoroid Bound Pickgaurd
- Headstock Shape: Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony peghead overlay
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 15
- Neck Profile: V shaped neck profile
- Body Depth: 1 13/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 9 15/16"
- Body Length: 12 7/8"
- Total Length: 27 7/16"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Collings original one-piece tailpiece
- Misc. 2: Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Misc. 3: Adjustable truss rod
- Misc. 4: Custom Sunburst Gloss Top
- Misc. 5: Mortise and tenon neck joint
- Misc. 6: Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Misc. 7: F-soundholes
- Misc. 8: 13 Degree headstock angle