Collings MT O Oval Hole Mandolin Sunburst Gloss Top with Flame Maple Back and Sides ID-7287
Collings MT O Oval Hole Mandolin Sunburst Gloss Top with Flame Maple Back and Sides
Collings MTO is an oval hole a-style mandolin featuring an Engelmann spruce top over Figured Maple. These mandolins produce a rich and vibrant tone that is well-suited for celtic, old-time, classical and jazz styles.
It features a custom gloss top and a gorgeous sunburst finish. The bindings are all tortoise, with an tortoise rosette and bound sound hole, MOP fingerboard inlays, ebony fretboard, and a satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish. The custom ebony pickguard is bound in tortoise without purfle lines... it is gorgeous!
The finishing touches on this mandolin is the hardware... nickel tailpiece and tuning machines with ebony tuning buttons.
This mandolin has a very sweet, full tone and is highly responsive across the spectrum. Engelmann spruce is one of the softest varieties of spruce and therefore is very warm and responsive with even the lightest pick attack. The trebles are smooth and pure, balanced perfectly with the midrange.
Collings makes instruments with such superb tone and aesthetics. The craftmanship is top notch and comes out in the tone, playability, and feel of their great instrument. This mandolin is truly a great one to add to any players collection.
- Shipping Weight: 68 lbs
- Serial: A2813
- Top Wood: Engelmann Spruce
- Back Wood: Figured Maple
- Nut Width: 1 3/16"
- Scale: 13 7/8"
- Bracing: X Bracing
- Inlays: Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Rosette: Tortoise Rosette and Bound Soundhole
- Neck Wood: Figured Maple
- Fretboard: 22-fret ebony fingerboard 7"-11 5/8" Compound fingerboard radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 1 9/16"
- Bridge: Custom adjustable floating ebony bridge
- Tuners: Nickel with Ebony Buttons
- Body Binding: Tortoise
- Pickguard: Ebony with Tortoise Binding and No Purfling
- Headstock Shape: Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Pearl Logo
- Frets To Body: 13 frets to the body
- Body Depth: 1 13/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 9 15/16"
- Body Length: 12 7/8"
- Total Length: 27 7/16"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Gloss Top - Blackface
- Misc. 2: Collings original one-piece tailpiece
- Misc. 3: Adjustable truss rod
- Misc. 4: Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Misc. 5: Mortise and tenon neck joint