Collings MT2 Mandolin Black Top with Sunburst Back and Sides ID-6998
Collings MT2 Mandolin Black Top with Sunburst Back and Sides
Hand-crafted in Austin, TX, Collings mandolins are built with finest seasoned spruce and eastern maple. With equal emphasis placed on tone, "fit and finish" and playability, they achieve a new benchmark of quality in mandolins.
The Collings MT Mandolin is a standard A-model with simplified appointments. The top is a wonderful fully carved Adirondack spruce with a Black Gloss Finish complimented by flamed maple back and sides with a satin finish. Adirondack Spruce is highly responsive without requiring a heavy pick attack. This tonewood is known for warm, lush, thick sounds with a smooth high end and punchy midrange. It doesn't need to be played hard to sound great, although it handles heavy playing quite well too.
To complete the package, this custom MT also features custom Ivoroid body bindings, and Nickel tuners with Ivoroid buttons which make for a very classy look, complimenting the Black gloss finish perfectly. These additional features really make the MT stand out, with a very classy and traditional appearance.
Collings makes instruments with such superb tone and aesthetics. The craftmanship is top notch and comes out in the tone, playability, and feel of their great instrument. This mandolin is truly a great one to add to any players collection.
- Shipping Weight: 47 lbs
- Serial: A2727
- Top Wood: Adirondack Spruce
- Back Wood: Maple
- Nut Width: 1 3/16"
- Scale: 15.9"
- Bracing: Parallel tone bar bracing
- Inlays: MOP Dot fingerboard inlays
- Neck Wood: Premium figured maple
- Fretboard: Ebony 5 1/2"-11 5/8" Compound fingerboard radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 1 9/16" string spacing
- Bridge: Custom adjustable floating ebony bridge
- Tuners: Nickel or gold tuners with Ivoroid Buttons
- Purfling: Black / White
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Fretboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Headstock Shape: Bound "Haircut" Headstock
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo / Flourish Inlay
- Neck Profile: V shaped neck profile
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Collings original one-piece nickel tailpiece
- Misc. 2: Fully adjustable truss rod
- Misc. 3: Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Misc. 4: 22-frets, neck joins the body at the 15th fret
- Misc. 5: Mortise and tenon neck joint