Collings MT2O A-Style Mandolin - 5057
Collings MT2O A-Style Mandolin
As Collings' fully appointed oval hole A-model, the Collings MT2 O includes a high-gloss lacquer finish and full ivoroid bindings. Built with select Adirondack Red spruce and birds eye maple, this mandolin produces a rich and vibrant tone that is well-suited for celtic, old-time, classical and jazz styles... without missing a beat in a bluegrass setting.
A-Style mandolins generally produce a tone that is a bit rounder and deeper than an f-style mando. The oval sound hole takes this a step further, by allowing even more mids and lows to fully expand without the compression exhibited by the f-hole models.
This mandolin features an exquisite Adirondack spruce top, which has some of the widest grain we have seen used on a mandolin. This topwood keeps the high end bright and clear while the oval sound hole balances the tone to perfection.
The blond finish on this mandolin is accented not only by the oval sound hole, but ivoroid binding with black purfling and a black pickguard to protect the instrument from heavy playing while also providing some tone balancing benefits, similar to activating a high-pass filter on a microphone... it takes some of the boominess out of the recording process.
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Back and Sides: Birds Eye Maple
- Full high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Grained ivoroid binding on body, neck and peghead
- Black/white purflings
- Grained ivoroid rosette and bound soundhole
- 13 frets to the body
- 22-fret radiused ebony fingerboard
- Adjustable truss rod
- Collings adjustable ebony bridge
- Mother-of-pearl Collings logo
- Pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Ebony peghead overlay
- Flourish peghead inlay
- Bone nut
- Collings original one-piece tailpiece
- Nickel Tuners with Ivoroid Buttons
- Nut Width: 1 1/8"
- Scale: 13 7/8"
- Serial: 2037