Collings OM1 G German Spruce and Mahogany ID-7275
Collings OM1G German Spruce and Mahogany
The Collings OM1G is a classic Collings model, a shop favorite, and while it takes it's inspiration from the original models, Collings has subtly upgraded these with their signature style, and tone. OM stands for Orchestra Model, but 80 years after this body shape was first designed it has become the most popular 14-fret model with fingerstyle guitar soloists who choose to play on steel strings. Collings has transformed the standard OM, into a true "do it all" instrument.
This OM1 G packs a serious punch, with killer volume and presence - easily acting as a dreadnought alternative. This OM1 G has a superb balance and clarity, each note stands out in chordal accompaniment, as well as lead lines. The Collings OM1 models are always some of the most versatile instruments in the shop, and this one is no different.... it will be right at home in jam circles, on stage, or in the studio, regardless the style of music.
The custom German Spruce top is a favorite tonewood here at Artisan due to it's versatility when played fingerstyle or flatpicked. German Spruce offers rich, complex overtones and regarding stiffness, falls in between Sitka and Adirondack. It takes to a flatpick beautifully, but sings with bare fingers as well. You know the feeling when you're holding that guitar? - this is that guitar.
Custom appointments on this instrument are the 1 3/4" nut width. It is more comfortable to play while sitting down, and gives players more room for complex fingerings. This Collings OM1 is simply appointed with Tortoise style binding, an ebony fretboard and headstock overlay, finished off with Nickel Waverly tuners.
- Shipping Weight: 68 lbs
- Serial: 21560
- Top Wood: German Spruce
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Inlays: Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Rosette: Black/white wood nitrate strip rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 2 3/16"
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style bridge
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Purfling: Black/white wood purfling
- Body Binding: Tortoise style binding
- Pickguard: Tortoise-style pickguard
- Backstrip: 1-style walnut backstrip
- Headstock Shape: Solid 15 degree headstock angle
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Modified V neck profile
- Body Depth: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included