Collings OM1A Custom Adirondack Spruce and Mahogany ID-6406
Collings OM1A Custom Adirondack Spruce and Mahogany
The Collings OM1A is a classic Collings model, a shop favorite, and while it takes it's inspiration from the original models, Collings has subtly upgraded these with their signature style, and tone. OM stands for Orchestra Model, but 80 years after this body shape was first designed it has become the most popular 14-fret model with fingerstyle guitar soloists who choose to play on steel strings. Collings has transformed the standard OM, into a true "do it all" instrument.
This OM1A packs a serious punch, with killer volume and presence - easily acting as a dreadnought alternative. This OM1A has a superb balance and clarity, each note stands out in chordal accompaniment, as well as lead lines. The Adirondack top adds a tremendous amount of headroom, crisp trebles, and gut-punching mids. It takes to a flatpick beautifully, but sings with bare fingers as well. You know the feeling when you're holding that guitar? - this is that guitar. The Mahogany back and sides are perfect for players who find rosewood too boomy. Lead players will appreciate the enhanced note definition and clarity, especially through the midrange frequencies.
Finished with Collings high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, the striations and detail in the Mahogany on this guitar is absolutely gorgeous.
- Serial: 19990
- Top Wood: Adirondack Spruce
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Inlays: Inlaid dot fingerboard markers
- Rosette: Black/white wood nitrate strip rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly
- Body Binding: Tortoise-style Binding
- Pickguard: Tortoise-style pickguard
- Backstrip: Simple walnut backstrip
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony peghead overlay
- Headstock Inlay: Inlaid Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Vintage Now
- Body Depth: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Fully adjustable truss rod