Collings OM2 SS Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood Short Scale ID-7060
Collings OM2 SS Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood Short Scale
The OM body size has been favored by fingerstyle players for years, but has made its mark in flatpicking and strumming with its unique clarity and projection. Living up to the pedigree and namesake Collings has established, this OM2HSS is no exception that is a true delight to play.
This OM2 SS is built with a Sitka Spruce top, Indian Rosewood back and sides, a solid Mahogany neck, and Ebony fingerboard and bridge. It boasts the projection and tonal clarity Collings is known for, while still maintaining a good measure of warmth on the bottom end.
The body size of the OM lends itself towards a more focused and defined tone than a typical dreadnought size. Yet, the folks at Collings build with volume in mind. The OM2 SS no doubt represents the defined aspects of the OM; with a crisp, clear tone across the entire spectrum. And as the OM body was designed with balance in mind, the OM2 SS fits the bill. Yet, there still is a balanced level of projection and volume that Collings may as well put a patent on. The OM2 SS is a versatile guitar that handles fingerstyle and pop/folk strumming without a hitch.
The "SS" in OM2 SS stands for "short scale." The 24 7/8" scale makes for effortlessly fretting and string bends that are a breeze. Combining the shortened scale, the custom 1 3/4" nut and the Sitka Spruce top - the combination is a real winner!
- Shipping Weight: 68 lbs
- Serial: 21171
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 24 7/8"
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Inlays: MOP diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Rosette: Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 2 3/16"
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony w/ Pearl Dots
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Purfling: Herringbone
- Body Binding: Grained ivoroid binding
- Pickguard: Tortoise Style
- Backstrip: Matching Backstrip
- Headstock Shape: Square headstock with volute
- Headstock Overlay: Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Modified V neck profile
- Body Depth: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Misc. 2: 15 degree headstock angle
- Misc. 3: Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- Misc. 4: 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- Misc. 5: Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Misc. 6: Fully adjustable truss rod