Collings OM2A Custom Abalone Rosette Adirondack Spruce and Indian Rosewood ID-5856
Collings OM2A Custom Abalone Rosette Adirondack Spruce and Indian Rosewood
'OM' stands for "Orchestra Model," but 80 years after this body shape was first designed it has become the most popular 14-fret model with fingerstyle guitar soloists who choose to play on steel strings. The compact shape makes the Collings OM equally easy to handle onstage or when sitting on the couch, and the relatively shallow body (barely over 4 inches deep) results in balanced tone and an immediate response.
Here is a special order OM2A from Collings featuring an Adirondack Spruce top with Indian Rosewood back and sides. This Collings OM2A also features a custom Abalone Rosette.
Adirondack Spruce is the legendary tonewood used on the early guitars we have all grown to love. The stiffness to weight ratio makes Adirondack great for players who dig in a bit harder and desire virtually unlimited headroom.
Collings makes guitars with such superb tone and aesthetics. The craftmanship is top notch and comes out in the tone, playability, and feel of their great instrument. This guitar is truly a great one to add to any players collection.
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: 18814
- Top Wood: Adirondack
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25.5"
- Year: 2011
- Bracing: Scalloped/Advanced X
- Inlays: Traditional diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Rosette: Abalone Rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Tortoise
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony w/ Abalone Dots
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly
- Backstrip: Herringbone trim with matching backstrip
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Overlay: Rosewood peghead overlay
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- FP Featured - Line 1: OM2A Custom
- FP Featured - Line 2: Abalone Rosette