Collings OM2H Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood
The Collings OM2H offers the bold Collings character in a medium size. ‘OM’ stands for “Orchestra Model,” but 80 years after this body shape was first designed it has become the most popular 14-fret model with fingerstyle guitar soloists who choose to play on steel strings… yet with custom German Spruce top, flatpickers also find it very appealing with virtually unlimited headroom and power when you need it.
The compact shape makes the Collings OM equally easy to handle onstage or when sitting on the couch. The tone is focused and powerful, as are all Collings' guitars.
The topwood on this guitar is Sitka Spruce, paired with rosewood back and sides. This is a classic combination that is highly versatile for many playing styles. Sitka can be played fingerstyle or with a flatpick and can excel at both. It is ideal for flatpickers who don't require the stiffness of Adirondack, offering more volume and responsiveness from a lighter touch. When combined with rosewood on the back and sides, Sitka is very lush and has a warm, rich low end. The highs are also crystal clear on a Collings, since only the highest grade Sitka Spruce is chosen for their instruments. You really can't go wrong with this model!
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back and Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Grained ivoroid binding
- Herringbone trim with matching backstrip
- Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany Neck
- Mother-of-pearl Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Traditional diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Body Depth: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- List Price: $3925
- Serial: 18999