Collings OM2H Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood ID-7312
Collings OM2H Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood
‘OM’ stands for “Orchestra Model,” but 80 years after this body shape was first designed it has become the most popular 14-fret model with fingerstyle guitar soloists who choose to play on steel strings… flatpickers also find it very appealing as the OM body shape allows for a more balanced tonal fingerprint than a Dreadnought would. No wonder that when Eric Clapton recorded his famous " Unplugged" record, he chose an OM body size! This Collings OM2H could be exactly what you've been looking for!
The compact shape makes the Collings OM equally easy to handle onstage or when sitting on the couch. The tone is focused and powerful, as are all Collings' guitars.
The topwood on this Collings OM2H is Sitka Spruce, paired with rosewood back and sides. This is a classic combination that is highly versatile for many playing styles. Sitka can be played fingerstyle or with a flatpick and can excel at both. It is ideal for flatpickers who don't require the stiffness of Adirondack, offering more volume and responsiveness from a lighter touch. When combined with rosewood on the back and sides, Sitka is very lush and has a warm, rich low end.
The highs are also crystal clear on a Collings, since only the highest grade Sitka Spruce is chosen for their instruments. You really can't go wrong with this model!
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: 21566
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Inlays: Mother of pearl diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Rosette: Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 2 3/16"
- Bridge: Ebony Belly
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Purfling: Herringbone
- Body Binding: Grained ivoroid binding
- Pickguard: Tortoise-style
- Backstrip: Matching 2-Style Backstrip
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Overlay: Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Modified V neck profile
- Body Depth: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included