Collings OM2H 2017
OM stands for "Orchestra Model," but 80 years after this body shape was first designed it has become the most popular 14-fret model with fingerstyle guitar soloists who choose to play on steel strings. Yet flatpickers also find it appealing, and when the graceful cutaway is added these OMs are often used by lead players looking for a comfortable smaller body size than the larger dreadnought models.
This OM is one built for the player who wants the compact comfortability of an Orchestra model mixed with a popular tonewood combination.
The Sitka, Indian Rosewood combination is tried and true, with sparkling highs, boomy lows, and intricate velocity control! This Colllings might just be your favorite so far!
This Pre-Owned Guitar is in Excellent Condition w/ only some light chips near the tuning machines where someone used a "string winder" on the tuners.
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: E. Indian rosewood
- Neck: Honduran: mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone short diamond and squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Case: Aftermarket Black TKL Hardcase w/ Grey Interior
- Serial: 26921