Collings OM2HA Adirondack Spruce and Indian Rosewood
The OM body size has been favored by fingerstyle players for years, but has made its mark in flatpicking and strumming with its unique clarity and projection. Living up to the pedigree and namesake Collings has established, this Collings OM2HA is no exception and is a true delight to play.
This OM2HA is built with an Adirondack Spruce top, Indian Rosewood back and sides, a solid Mahogany neck, and Ebony fingerboard and bridge. It boasts the projection and tonal clarity Collings is known for, while still maintaining a good measure of warmth on the bottom end. The body size of the OM lends itself towards a more focused and defined tone than a typical dreadnought size, yet the folks at Collings build with volume in mind. This Collings OM2HA no doubt represents the defined aspects of the OM; with a crisp, clear tone across the entire spectrum. The Adirondack Spruce top makes for an OM sized guitar that handles flatpicking very well, boasting virtually unlimited headroom and power. It is extremely comfortable to hold and play, making it nearly impossible to put down, and very little tone is sacrificed front the OM size.
The set of Indian Rosewood used on the back and sides of this guitar keep things very warm with tone that is rich, full, and powerful. Aside from the tonal benefits, it is an especially attractive set of tonewood, as seen in our photographs.
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Grained ivoroid binding
- Herringbone trim with matching backstrip
- Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany Neck
- Rosewood Peghead Overlay
- Mother-of-pearl Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Traditional diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Body Depth: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Serial: 18978