Collings OM2HAMRDDSS Madagascar Rosewood - Adirondack Spruce - Deep Body - Short Scale - Adirondack Bracing ID-5229
Collings OM2HAMRDDSS Madagascar Rosewood - Adirondack Spruce - Deep Body - Short Scale - Adirondack Bracing
The set of Madagascar Rosewood was picked out especially for this guitar... our customer wanted straight grain Madagascar and Collings found just what he was looking for! This Collings OM is loaded with plenty of custom features to set the guitar apart from the crowd. In addition to Madagascar Rosewood, the guitar features a gorgeous Adirondack Spruce top, a deep body depth for added bass response, and a short scale length for smooth and easy playability.
Madagascar Rosewood is known for being the most similar tonewood to the Brazilian species. Offering many of the same sonic characteristics, Madagascar is also becoming difficult to harvest and export. Madagascar has much of the same rich overtone range as Brazilian, as well as a slightly "reverby" quality. Madagascar Rosewood resonates evenly responsive across the entire tonal register and provides a crisp, sparkling treble.
Adirondack Spruce was the legendary topwood used on most pre-war American-made guitars and has a high stiffness to weight ratio across and along the grain, making it more powerful than other species of spruce, holding up to a stronger pick attack. Adirondack bracing is another popular upgrade at Artisan. Being lighter, and stiffer than Sitka Spruce, Adirondack bracing makes the top more responsive making it that much more powerful.
A deep body option is always a welcome upgrade on our custom ordered guitars. The deeper body provides more bass response, and a bit more volume, due to a larger sound chamber created by the extra depth.
- Back and Sides: Madagascar Rosewood Back & Sides (Straight Grained Set)
- Top: Custom: Deep Body Option
- Custom: Short Scale
- Custom: Pyramid Bridge
- Custom: 1-3/4" Nut Width, with Standard Saddle Spacing 2-3/16"
- Pick Guard Loose in Case
- Custom: Nickel Open Gear Waverly Tuners, with Ivoroid Buttons
- Custom: Adirondack Top Bracing
- Diamonds & Squares Short Pattern Fretboard Inlays
- Collings Logo Inlay on Headstock
- Ebony Fretboard
- Brazilian Rosewood Headstock Overlay
- Unbound Fretboard
- Unbound Headstock Overlay
- Herringbone Top Purfle
- Bone Nut & Saddle
- Ebony Bridge Pins & End Pin
- Tortoise Style Pick-guard
- Grained Ivoroid Bound Body (front & back)
- Zig-Zag Backstrip
- Mahogany Neck
- Nitrocellulose Natural Finish
- Collings Hard-Shell Case
- MSRP $6,325.00
Go ahead and check out some of our other Collings Guitars
Top Wood: Adirondack Spruce
Back Wood: Madagascar Rosewood
Nut Width: 1 3/4"
Scale: 24 7/8"