Collings OM3SS Cedar and East Indian Rosewood Short Scale ID-6523
Collings OM3SS Cedar and East Indian Rosewood Short Scale
The OM body size has been favored by fingerstyle players for years, but has made its mark in flatpicking and strumming with its unique clarity and projection. Living up to the pedigree and namesake Collings has established, this Collings OM3SS is no exception that is a true delight to play.
This OM3 SS is built with a custom Cedar top combined with Rosewood back and sides, a solid Mahogany neck, and Ebony fingerboard and bridge. It boasts the projection and tonal clarity Collings is known for, while still maintaining a good measure of warmth on the bottom end. The body size of the OM lends itself towards a more focused and defined tone than a typical dreadnought size.
Cedar is a very soft tonewood that requires minimal attack to make it produce a lush sound, when combined with Rosewood back and sides, this guitar produces a sound that is very warm and responsive with articulate tones and clarity.
Additional custom appointments include the 24 7/8" short scale option, which allows our fingerpicking friends to play effortlessly, bend easily, while still enjoying the bigger bass response. The comfortable 1 3/4" nut width gives you plenty of room for complex chord shapes. The removal of the headstock logo and the addition of the 42 Style Snowflake fingerboard inlays, grained ivoroid bindings and nickel waverly tuners with ivoroid buttons complete the elegant look that finishes off this fantastic instrument.
This Pre-Owned 2006 Collings OM3 SS is in excellent condition with only minor scratches to the finish and headstock. There is no fretwear and the original hardshell case is included.
- Serial: 11674
- Top Wood: Cedar
- Back Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 24 7/8" Short Scale
- Year: 2006
- Bracing: Pre-war Scalloped
- Inlays: 42 Style Fretboard Inlays
- Rosette: Select Abolone
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone Drop in Saddle
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony w/ Abalone Dots
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly with Ivoroid Buttons
- Purfling: Black/white wood strip purfling
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Fretboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Headstock Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Pickguard: Loose in Case
- Backstrip: Multi-color mosaic
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Frets To Body: 14
- Body Depth: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Fully adjustable truss rod