Collings Parlor 1 Mh Traditional Custom
Named for what we now call the "living room", this guitar comes from an era when friends would gather at home to make music before an evening's entertainment could be readily broadcast, televised or streamed. These days we have been seeing the parlor body style is finding its way into the hands of players who appreciate its exceptional tonal balance and responsiveness, as well as its portability and comfortable feel.
The full body mahogany construction has a particular set of fans among the guitar community. The woody, dry, direct sound of mahogany makes this guitar a perfect studio instrument, that has just enough overtones (through the traditional construction) to really sound sweet and open! Don't let Collings' mahogany guitars fool you, they are a beast separate from any other company's mahogany instruments!
Crafted with the Collings' Traditional series appointments, features, and voicing techniques, the Collings Parlor has a full bodied voice and projection that belies its small size.
This Pre-Owned Collings is in Excellent Condition w/ only a couple very small(too small to photograph) dings throughout the top.
- Top: Honduran Mahogany
- Back & Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Construction: Traditional
- Body Binding: Tortoise with custom wood purflings
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony pyramid-style with 2 5/16" spacing (petite)
- Fingerboard: Ebony with gold MOP short dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Tortoise-style
- Nut: Bone, 1 ¾"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Custom Neck Profile
- Peghead Profile: Tapered slotted square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with gold MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners: Waverly Engraved Bronze 3-on-a-plate with Ebony Buttons
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette: Custom wood rosette
- Scale Length: 24 7/16"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss extra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss extra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: None
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-26 (.011" - .052")
- Case: Collings Vintage Style Handmade Case
- Serial: 28634