Collings Parlor 3 Traditional Deluxe
the Collings Parlor 3-Style Deluxe, named for what we now call the "living room" guitar, comes from an era when friends would gather at home to make music before an evening's entertainment could be readily broadcast, televised or streamed.
While it may at first glance seem to be a relic of the past, today with music often being recorded in the living rooms of home studios, streamed from house concerts, and broadcast from Tiny Desks, perhaps this charismatic and beautiful sounding little guitar has once again found its moment to shine.
The "Deluxe" model is outfitted with custom made wood purflings and features an Indian Rosewood back and sides. With a look as multifaceted as its tone, the uncommon sound of this small instrument has a nuance, warmth and focus that stays in your ear long after the music stops.
This powerful parlor is exquisite! The comfortable size of the small body guitars have always been a tempting pull. The Collings parlor is the most exceptional small body instrument on the market and it puts out a big sound that is sure to excite players everywhere! The custom 3 style appointments accent the pristine tonal quality, and bring together an instrument that you'll have a very hard time ever putting down!
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back and Sides: E. Indian rosewood
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Construction: Traditional
- Body Binding: Ivoroid
- Purflings: Custom Wood Marquetry
- Fingerboard Binding: Ivoroid
- Peghead Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge: Ebony pyramid-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with no FB Markers
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ivoroid with black dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered slotted square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with gold MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners: Waverly Engraved Bronze 3-on-a-plate with Ivoroid Buttons
- Backstrip: 3-style (Wood Marquetry)
- Rosette: Custom wood rosette
- Scale Length: 24 7/16"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss ultra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss ultra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: None
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-26 (.011" - .052")
- Case: Vintage Inspired Handcrafted Collings Hardcase
- Serial: 29147