Collings SJ Custom Short Scale w/ German Spruce & European Maple
The SJ is Collings' version of what is commonly called a Small Jumbo. Although the 16 inch lower bout is slightly wider than a dreadnought, and the sides almost as deep, the tight curve at the waist creates in a very different sound chamber. SJs typically have a more pronounced midrange response when compared to a dreadnought, which translates into more note definition. Players looking for the bass and overall volume of a large guitar, but with lots of treble clarity and midrange crunch, often find just what they need in the curvaceous Collings SJ.
This Collings SJ features a German Spruce top combined with European Maple Back and Sides. European Maple is warmer than American big leaf maple and provides a defined bass response with very present clear trebles. Custom made with a short scale and no tongue brace, this this SJ will soon become your favorite guitar!
- Top: German Spruce
- Back & Sides: European maple
- Neck: European maple
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with b/w/b/w/b purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: .100" ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Peghead Binding: .100" ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Bridge: Ebony modern-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with MOP modern diamond & squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: C-shape
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Neck: Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly w/ Ivoroid Buttons (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: Maple mosaic
- Rosette: Ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Scale Length: Short Scale 24 7/8"
- Brace Materia:l Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace w/ No Tongue Brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Serial: 29849