Collings SoCo Deluxe Quilted Maple Top Amber Sunburst ID-6910
Collings SoCo Deluxe Quilted Maple Top Amber Sunburst
Collings’ website has this to say about the Collings Soco Deluxe: Named afer Austin’s funky and eclectic South Congress Avenue, the SoCo Dlx is all about attitude. This model brings in elements from both the I-35 and CL models to create a unique hybrid that is all its own. Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? They couldn’t have said it better.
The SoCo Deluxe is slightly larger than the I-35, featuring the same Maple/Mahogany combination. There ain’t no laminate woods here; the top is all solid and meticuliously carved by hand. Bill Collings has experience in maximizing the peak resonance of each piece of Maple. The fullness and vibratory resonance, even when unplugged, is, well, incredible. Notes are effortlessly articulated, responding to your ever command. The unique hand set mortise and tenon neck joint reflects Bill Collings philosophy – ingenuity and functionality. The angled shape of the joint fits perfectly in your palm. Reaching for the 21st fret is effortless, unlike any electric we’ve played before.
Collings has collaborated with Jason Lollar to provide the greatest custom pickups on the market. The SoCo Deluxe features Lollars Low Wind Imperial humbuckers. Based on lower output PAF’s often found in vintage 335's, this pickup set has a brighter overall tone than the Lollar Imperials. Bottom strings hold together without distorting noticeably longer than most humbuckers.
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: SOCO12358
- Top Wood: Quilted Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24 7/8"
- Inlays: Broken Glass
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood 12" Radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: Tone Pros Bridge and Tailpiece
- Tuners: Closed Back Nickel Tuners with Vintage-Style Buttons
- Purfling: Black/White Purfling
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Headstock Shape: Deluxe Flared Headestock
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Broken Glass
- Pickup(s): Humbucking Pickups by Jason Lollar with 50's Style Wiring
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Custom Ivoroid Knobs and Pickup Rings
- Misc. 2: Hand Set Mortise and Tenon Neck Joint
- Misc. 3: 12" Fingerboard Radius
- Misc. 4: Amber Sunburst