Collings SoCo Deluxe Quilted Maple Top Tobacco Sunburst
Collings’ website has this to say about the Soco Deluxe: Named after Austin’s funky and eclectic South Congress Avenue, the Collings SoCo Deluxe is all about attitude. This model brings in elements from both the I-35 and CL models to create a unique hybrid that is all its own. Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? They couldn’t have said it better.
The SoCo Deluxe is slightly larger than the I-35, featuring the same Maple/Mahogany combination. There are no laminate woods here; the top is all solid and meticulously carved by hand. Bill Collings has experience in maximizing the peak resonance of each piece of Maple. The fullness and vibratory resonance, even when unplugged, is, well, incredible. Notes are effortlessly articulated, responding to your ever command. The unique hand set mortise and tenon neck joint reflects Bill Collings philosophy – ingenuity and functionality. The angled shape of the joint fits perfectly in your palm. Reaching for the 21st fret is effortless; unlike any electric we’ve played before.
This was ordered with a Tobacco Sunburst finish and it is even more beautiful than we could have imagined... complimenting the gorgeous custom quilted maple top with sweet hues of deep red and orange. A custom black and white purfling borders the top, framing the quilted maple like a custom frame does for a priceless piece of art.
ThroBak Maximum Vintage Series Pickups set the new standard in Vintage tone and manufacturing accuracy. The first successful humbucking pickup was the legendary 50's Gibson humbucker known among collectors as the Patent Applied For pickup or by it's acronym P.A.F. Surpassing the specifications of the popular ThroBak Vintage Authentic LTD series pickups the MXV series takes the vintage accurate P.A.F. style reproduction to a new level with Maximum Vintage specifications. The MXV series sets a new standard in vintage Patent Applied For (P.A.F.) tone and manufacturing accuracy.
Our staff have become completely enamored with the sound of these pickups, and have even put them to the test with actual PAF pickups - to which they agree - the Thro-Baks are phenomenal! You have to hear them to believe them - Rich, warm, with a beautiful round note profile, and an almost natural compression, these are the real deal friends, you will not be disappointed. What else would you expect from Collings - nothing but the absolute best!
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: soco12342
- Top Wood: Quilted Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24 7/8"
- Inlays: Dots
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: Tone Pros
- Tuners: Closed Back Nickel Tuners with Vintage-Style Buttons
- Purfling: Black/White Purfling
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Fretboard Binding: Grained ivoroid binding
- Headstock Binding: Grained ivoroid bindin
- Headstock Shape: Haircut Peghead
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Body Depth: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Body Length: 19"
- Total Length: 40 1/4"
- Pickup(s): ThroBak Maximum Vintage Series Pickups
- Pickup Controls: 2 tone / 2 volume
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Custom Ivoroid Knobs and Pickup Rings
- Misc. 2: Hand Set Mortise and Tenon Neck Joint
- Misc. 3: 12" Fingerboard Radius
- Misc. 4: Tobacco Sunburst
- Misc. 5: Inset Maple Center Block
- Misc. 6: Fully Carved Top with F-Holes
- Misc. 7: 50's Style Wiring
- Misc. 8: High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish