Collings SoCo Deluxe Rootbeer Flame Top ID-6974
Collings SoCo Deluxe Rootbeer Flame Top
Collings’ website has this to say about the Collings SoCo Deluxe: Named afer Austin’s funky and eclectic South Congress Avenue, the SoCo Dlx is all about attitude. This model brings in elements from both the I-35 and CL models to create a unique hybrid that is all its own. Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? They couldn’t have said it better. The SoCo Deluxe is slightly larger than the I-35, featuring the same Maple/Mahogany combination. There ain’t no laminate woods here; the top is all solid and meticuliously carved by hand.
Bill Collings has experience in maximizing the peak resonance of each piece of Maple. The fullness and vibratory resonance, even when unplugged, is, well, incredible. Notes are effortlessly articulated, responding to your ever command. The unique hand set mortise and tenon neck joint reflects Bill Collings philosophy – ingenuity and functionality. The angled shape of the joint fits perfectly in your palm. Reaching for the 21st fret is effortless; unlike any electric we’ve played before.
Collings has collaborated with Jason Lollar to provide the greatest custom pickups on the market. The SoCo Deluxe features Lollars Low Wind Imperial humbuckers. Based on lower output PAF’s often found in vintage 335's, this pickup set has a brighter overall tone than the Lollar Imperials. Bottom strings hold together without distorting noticeably longer than most humbuckers.
This instrument has been custom appointed with parellelogram fingerboard inlays, a flared headstock and black / white top purfling.
- Shipping Weight: 68 lbs
- Serial: SOCO12354
- Top Wood: Premium Flamed Maple
- Back Wood: Semi-hollow mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24 7/8"
- Inlays: Parellelograms
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood 12" Fingerboard radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Purfling: Black/White Purfling
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Fretboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Headstock Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Headstock Shape: Deluxe Flared Headestock
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Parallelograms
- Frets To Body: 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Neck Profile: Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- Body Depth: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Body Length: 19"
- Total Length: 40 1/4"
- Pickup(s): Dual Lollar standard Imperial humbuckers
- Pickup Controls: Custom ivoroid pickup rings and top hat knobs / Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Misc. 2: Slim contour F-holes
- Misc. 3: Inset maple center block
- Misc. 4: Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- Misc. 5: CTS 500K pots and Xicon caps
- Misc. 6: 1950's style wiring scheme