Collings UC1 K Koa ID-7096
Collings UC1 K Koa
As with everything that comes out of the Colling shop, lots of homework and research have gone into their line of ukuleles. The Collings UC1K is built with custom Light Flame Koa and produces a tone that is clearly defined and extremely resonant. Koa produces a warm, rich and still very defined sound – between the darker sounds of Rosewood and the clean bright sound of Maple. On the first strum, it's clear this is a serious, professional level ukulele.
Despite looking like traditional friction tuner, each of the four tuners are actually geared tuning pegs made by Pegheadz. Collings be praised, a ukulele that is easy to tune! The 4:1 gear reduction allows strings to be tuned more easily and accurately than traditional wood pegs (or Caspari-type mechanisms which require screw drivers or special keys). Tune confidently and securely with the left hand while playing open strings; even during performance! PEGHEDS tuners return the fine-tuning function to pegs. Strings slide more freely over the smooth, wide nut than over the comparatively sharp edge of the bridge, where stress is concentrated and equilibrium of tension on either side is more difficult to achieve.
- Shipping Weight: 47
- Serial: U1108
- Top Wood: Koa
- Back Wood: Koa
- Nut Width: 1 3/8"
- Scale: 15"
- Inlays: Ivoroid Dots Fingerboard Inlays
- Rosette: Tortoise and wood nitrite strip rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Indian Rosewood 12" Fingerboard radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: 1.73"
- Tuners: Pegheds tuners with 4:1 ratio
- Body Binding: None
- Headstock Shape: Unbound traditional "Single-Point" headstock
- Headstock Overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Body Depth: 2 13/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 7 1/2"
- Body Length: 11"
- Total Length: 24
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Satin Finish
- Misc. 2: Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Misc. 3: Mortise and tenon neck joint
- Misc. 4: Narrow 18% nickel-silver fretwire