Collings UC1 Mahogany Haircut Peghead ID-7016
Collings UC1 Mahogany Haircut Peghead
The Collings UC1 is our entry-level satin lacquer finish concert model with simplified appointments. But don't let the ''entry-level'' part fool you - it's built with the same quality construction as our higher end models. With solid Honduran mahogany top, back and side wood, the UC1 is undoubtedly one of the finest professional concert ukes available in its price range.
As with everything that comes out of the Colling shop, lots of homework and research have gone into their line of ukuleles. This particular Collings UC1 is built with an all-mahogany body and produces a tone that is clearly defined and extremely resonant. On the first strum, it's clear this is a serious, professional level ukulele. Mahogany brings crispness and focus to each note. Despite looking like traditional friction tuner, each of the four tuners are actually geared tuning pegs made by Pegheadz. Collings be praised, a ukulele that is easy to tune! The 4:1 gear reduction allows strings to be tuned more easily and accurately than traditional wood
pegs (or Caspari-type mechanisms which require screw drivers or special keys). Tune confidently and securely with the left hand while playing open strings; even during performance! PEGHEDS tuners return the fine-tuning function to pegs. Strings slide more freely over the smooth,
wide nut than over the comparatively sharp edge of the bridge, where stress is concentrated and equilibrium of tension on either side is more difficult to achieve.
- Shipping Weight: 47
- Serial: U1093
- Top Wood: Mahogany
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 3/8"
- Scale: 15"
- Inlays: Ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
- Rosette: Tortoise and wood nitrite strip rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood 12" Radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 1.73"
- Bridge: Ebony
- Tuners: Pegheds tuners with 4:1 ratio
- Headstock Shape: Unbound traditional "Single-Point" headstock
- Headstock Overlay: Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: Ivoroid Collings Logo
- Neck Profile: "C" shape neck
- Case: Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
- Misc. 1: Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Misc. 2: Recommended string gauge - Worth (.62mm, .74mm, .81mm, .66mm)
- Misc. 3: Geared tuning pegs
- Misc. 4: Narrow 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Misc. 5: Mortise and tenon neck joint