Fender Custom Shop 1959 Journeyman Relic Precision Bass, Custom Built, Aged Aztec Gold
For over 30 years the extraordinarily talented luthiers of the Fender Custom Shop have been providing the most illustrious guitar players of their day with their dream instruments.
Arguably Leo Fender’s greatest gift to modern musicians, the Precision Bass® was the world’s first electric bass. A definitive year for the ground-breaking P Bass®, 1959 introduced a rosewood fingerboard to its maple neck, setting forth an insurrection in rumble. The expert craftsmen at Fender® Custom Shop have given the Journeyman Relic® P Bass® a more-than-tastefully worn lacquer finish, in addition to a stunning gold anodized pickguard, vintage P Bass® bridge threaded steel saddles and hand-wound ’62 P Bass® pickups for that world-beloved low-end tone.
In vintage-correct fashion, this P Bass® sports a 2-piece alder body, quartersawn maple neck with a “ '60s Oval C"-shaped neck profile, 9.5"-radius slab rosewood fingerboard and 20 6105 frets.
Other appointments include vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and round string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Serial: CZ535913
- Top Wood: Select 2-piece Alder Body
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Scale: 34"
- Inlays: Vintage Clay Dot
- Neck Wood: Tinted Quartersawn Maple
- Fretboard: Maple, Nitro Fisnish
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Threaded Stainless Steel
- Bridge: Vintage Style P-Bass Bridge
- Tuners: Vintage Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: Gold Anodized
- Headstock Inlay: Fender Logo
- Frets To Body: 20
- Neck Profile: 60s Oval "C" Shape
- Pickup(s): Custom Shop Handwound '62 P-Bass
- Case: Fender Hardshell Case
- Misc. 1: Weight: 9.2 lbs