Fender Custom Shop '64 Mustang, NOS Candy Tangerine w/ Olympic White Racing Stripe
The Fender Mustang was originally introduced in 1964 as the basis of a major redesign of Fender's student models, the Musicmaster and Duo-Sonic. It was produced until 1982 and reissued in 1990. In the 1990's, the Mustang attained cult status largely as a result of its use by a number of alternative rock bands.
In 1969 Fender released the "Competition Mustang with a "racing stripe" paint job and painted headstocks. The Competition Mustangs were available in Competition Red, Blue and Orange. This paint scheme was heavily influenced by the Shelby Mustang cars of the late 1960's. The perfect combination of cars and guitars!
Artisan Guitars is proud to work with the Fender Custom Shop to bring back a new series of Competition Mustangs. Some with familiar and all-new color schemes with painted headstocks. Each Mustang will also feature higher quality woods, 9.50" fingerboard radius, 60's Style Oval "C" Neck Profile, Slab Rosewood Fingerboard, Vintage Clay Dot Inlays and Custom Hand-Wound '67 Mustang Pickups. A giant leap forward in build quality and specs worthy of the Fender Custom Shop name.
Includes a Fender Mustang Silver hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Top Wood: 2-piece Alder
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Scale: 24"
- Inlays: Vintage Clay Dots/Vintage Clay Side Dots
- Neck Wood: "AA" Flame Maple
- Fretboard: Slab Rosewood, 9.5" radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: Vintage Mustang w/ Tremolo
- Tuners: 70's Fender Tuners w/Beige Buttons
- Pickguard: White 3-Ply Pickguard
- Headstock Shape: Big Peg Mustang
- Headstock Inlay: Fender Logo
- Frets To Body: 22 6105 frets
- Neck Profile: 60's Style Oval "C"
- Pickup(s): Fender Custom Shop Handwound '67 Mustang Pickups
- Pickup Controls: Mustang
- Case: Fender Mustang Silver Hardshell Case
- Candy Tangerine NOS Finish w/Olympic White Racing Stripe
- Thickness at 1st Fret: .840"
- Thickness at 12th Fret: .930"
- Weight: 6.8 lbs
- Serial: CZ547449