Fender Custom Shop '58 Jazzmaster-Floor Model - 14022
Fender Custom Shop '58 Jazzmaster-Floor Model
The original Jazzmaster® was created for jazz guitarists, but it made big waves in surf rock instead. When designing this Fender Custom Shop '58 Jazzmaster we wanted to make sure the specs embodied the Jazzmaster itself, with its revolutionary offset waist, newly designed tremolo system and new pickups with a unique wiring and switching system---a significant departure from Teles and Strats.
Melding original Jazzmaster® tone with modern feel, this Fender Custom Shop '58 Jazzmaster is based on a two-piece select alder body and tinted maple riftsawn neck with a “ ’57 Soft V”-shaped neck profile---along with modern player features like the stable, vintage Jazzmaster® bridge and 7.25-9.5” compund radius fingerboard.
Other features include 21 medium-vintage frets, vintage-style Jazzmaster® wiring, hand-wound Jazzmaster® pickups with black covers, black anodized pickguard, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree with metal spacer. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
This Fender Custom Shop '58 Jazzmaster-Floor Model has 1 small chip in the finish right where the neck meets the body on the treble side.
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: R96708
- Top Wood: Select 2-piece Alder Body
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Scale: 25.5
- Inlays: Micarta Black Dots
- Neck Wood: 1-Piece Tinted Riftsawn Maple
- Fretboard: 7.25-9.5" Radius, Medium Vintage Frets
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Brass
- Bridge: Jazzmaster Bridge
- Tuners: Vintage Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: Black Anodized
- Headstock Shape: Classic Jazzmaster
- Headstock Inlay: Vintage Fender Logo (gold)
- Neck Profile: Custom '57 Soft "V"
- Pickup(s): Custom Shop Handwound Jazzmaster Single Coils
- Pickup Controls: Vintage Jazzmaster
- Case: Fender Hardshell Case
- Aged Desert Sand
- NOS Flash Coat Laquer