Fender Custom Shop '68 Stratocaster - 14425
Fender Custom Shop '68 Stratocaster
True to a remarkable era, the Fender Custom Shop '68 Stratocaster has an exceptional regality that resonates through the decades. Boasting an oversized headstock at the end of a riftsawn 63 "C”-shaped maple neck, topped off with a round-lam maple fingerboard, this guitar has the unforgettable, classic feel that only the Fender Custom Shop can create. Giving it their signature Relic treatment, a WLS undercoat priming a lacquer finish on a hand-selected two-piece select alder body and comfortable urethane finish on the neck completes this mouth-wateringly faithful Strat. to Hand-wound Texas Special Bridge, Hand-wound Reverse Wound/Reverse Polarity Fat 50s middle, and a period-correct Hand-wound '69 Neck pickups, are complemented by 5-way switching and Vintage Modified #2 wiring, transcend the passage of time to recreate the warm and chimey tonal options you’d expect of this sublime guitar.
Additional appointments include a 9.5”-radius fingerboard, 21 6105 frets, 3-ply Parchment/Paisley pickguard, American Vintage synchronized tremolo, Fender “F”-stamped tuning machines, bone nut, and wing string tree with nylon spacer. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap, and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Serial: CZ539869
- Top Wood: Select 2-piece Alder Body
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Scale: 25.5
- Inlays: Black Dot
- Neck Wood: Tinted Rift-Sawn Maple
- Fretboard: Round-Laminated Maple, 9.5" Radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Stainless Steel
- Bridge: American Vintage synchronized tremolo
- Tuners: Vintage Style with Fender Logo
- Headstock Shape: Classic Stratocaster
- Headstock Inlay: Fender Logo
- Neck Profile: '63 'C' Shape
- Pickup(s): Hand-wound Texas Special Bridge, Hand-wound Reverse Wound/Reverse Polarity Fat 50s middle, and period-correct Hand-wound '69 Neck pickups
- Pickup Controls: 5-way switch, Vintage Modified #2 w/ Tone-Saver Bleed
- Case: Fender Hardshell Case
- Black Paisley Relic Finish
- Weight: 7.8 lbs