Fender Custom Shop Limited 50s Double Esquire Faded Nocaster Blonde, Journeyman Relic
Before the Telecaster® forever changed the world in 1951, Leo Fender built several prototype guitars, testing various concepts that found their way into the final result. The Vintage Custom 1950 Double Esquire is a faithful recreation of one of those early models, the incredibly rare dual-pickup Esquire, which was outfitted with some very cool and compelling appointments that we felt modern players and vintage tone hounds alike would appreciate. It features hand-wound '50-'51 Blackguard pickups offering incredibly fat and juicy tone, coupled with modified '51 Nocaster® wiring and controls. You'll find a blender pot in place of a standard tone control and an additional resistor on the rhythm circuit for sweeter output. The neck features a vintage 7.25"-9.5" compound radius, which we found on some rare examples, giving it a unique feel even among vintage-inspired models.
Other features include a Journeyman Relic flash-coat lacquer Faded Nocaster Blonde finish, Journeyman Relic hardware, 2-piece off-center-seam ash body, tinted maple neck with 10/56 "V"-shaped neck profile, 3-way switch, black pickguard, '51-'54 Tele bridge with brass saddles, bone nut, round string tree and vintage-style tuning machines.
The historic precursor to an undisputed legend, the 1950 Double Esquire is a glimpse into the innovations that were pivotal in the development of the Telecaster.
Includes a deluxe Tweed hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Weight: 6.5 lbs
- Serial: R96033
- Back Wood: Select 2-piece Ash, Off-Center seam
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Scale: 25.5
- Year: 2018
- Inlays: Micarta Black .250 dots
- Neck Wood: Flame AA Maple, Quartersawn, Medium tint, Flash Coat Laquer,
- Fretboard: 7.25"-9.5" Compound Radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Brass
- Bridge: '51-'54 Telecaster
- Tuners: Vintage Style
- Pickguard: Black
- Headstock Shape: Classic Telecaster
- Headstock Inlay: Vintage Fender Logo (silver)
- Neck Profile: 10/56 "V" shape
- Pickup(s): Custom Shop Handwound 50-51 Blackguard Relic, Neck & Bridge
- Pickup Controls: Volume, Tone
- Case: Fender Deluxe Tweed Hardshell Case
- Misc. 1: Flash Coat Laquer
- Misc. 3: Vintage Nocaster Wiring 1950-1952
- Misc. 4: All Slot-head screws on pickguard
- Misc. 5: 21 Jescar FW50085 Frets