Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition '68 Strat, Relic w/ Aged Olympic White Finish
True to a remarkable era, the 1968 Stratocaster® has an exceptional regality that resonates through the decades. Boasting an oversized headstock at the end of a riftsawn “U”-shaped maple neck, topped off with a round-lam maple fingerboard, this guitar has the unforgettable, classic feel that only the Fender® Custom Shop can create. Giving it our signature Relic® treatment, a WLS undercoat priming a lacquer finish on a hand-selected two-piece select alder body and comfortable urethane finish on the neck completes this mouth-wateringly faithful Strat®.
In period-correct fashion, hand-wound ’69 pickups, complemented by 5-way switching and Vintage Modified #2 wiring, transcend the passage of time to recreate the warm and chimey tonal options you’d expect of this sublime guitar.
Additional appointments include a 9.5”-radius fingerboard, 21 6105 frets, 3-ply Eggshell pickguard, American Vintage synchronized tremolo, Fender “F”-stamped tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree with nylon spacer. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: CZ537988
- Top Wood: Select 2-piece Alder Body
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Scale: 25.5
- Inlays: Black Dot
- Neck Wood: Rift-Sawn Maple, Urethane Finish
- Fretboard: Round-Laminated Maple, 9.5" Radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Stainless Steel
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Strat Tremolo
- Tuners: Vintage Style with 'F' Logo
- Pickguard: 3-ply Eggshell pickguard
- Headstock Shape: Classic Large Stratocaster
- Headstock Inlay: Fender Logo
- Neck Profile: '69 U Shape
- Pickup(s): Hand-wound '69 Strat Pickups
- Pickup Controls: 5-way switch, Vintage Modified #2 w/ Tone-Saver Bleed
- Case: Fender Hardshell Case
- Misc. 1: Aged Olympic White Relic Finish
- Misc. 2: Weight: 7.8 lbs