Huss and Dalton DS Custom Adirondack Spruce top with Hot Hide Glue ID-7239
Huss and Dalton DS Custom Adirondack Spruce top with Hot Hide Glue
This slope shouldered guitar is a powerhouse. Big in sound but not short on clarity this guitar is a nod to the traditional slope shoulder guitars of the 30's and 40's.
It's built standard with a beautiful vintage sunburst and maple bindings. Numerous custom appointments include an Red Spruce top, Indian Rosewood back and sides, custom Indian Rosewood bridge and fretboard, 24.9" scale length, hot hide glue top bracing, Crossroads peghead and fingerboard inlays and Waverly 4065 tuners.
This is a beautiful guitar with a great voice and feel for flatpicking and strumming which is excellent for fingerstyle players. Like most round shouldered D's, this one has a little more midrange and pop because of the radiused top and the larger soundhole. This is an all around singer-songwriter type guitar and more than a few fingerstyle players, like these slope D's because of it's balance and bigger midrange voice.
The custom Red Spruce top brings the guitar balance and warmth, and when coupled with Indian Rosewood brings the guitar strong fundamentals, a lightning quick response, crisp trebles, and virtually unlimited headroom. Red Spruce was the legendary topwood used on most pre-war American-made guitars. Red Spruce has a high stiffness across and along the grain, making it one of the go-to topwoods for flatpickers.
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: 3856
- Top Wood: Adirondack Spruce
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 23/32"
- Scale: 24.9"
- Bracing: Adirondack assembled with Hot Hide Glue
- Inlays: Crossroads FB Inlay
- Rosette: DS Style
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Custom Indian Rosewood
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone Thru Saddle
- Saddle Spacing: 2 7/32"
- Bridge: Custom Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Pins: Ebony w/ Pearl Dots
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly w/Ivoroid Buttons
- Purfling: B/W/B
- Body Binding: Maple
- Fretboard Binding: Maple
- Pickguard: Tortoise Style
- Headstock Shape: Crossroads
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Huss and Dalton Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Body Depth: 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15 3/4"
- Body Length: 20"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included