Pre Owned 2010 Collings D2H A MR with Adirondack and Madagascar Rosewood ID-5319
Pre Owned 2010 Collings D2HAMR with Adirondack and Madagascar Rosewood
If there is anything the folks at Collings know, and they know quite a lot - it is dreadnoughts. The square-shouldered 14-fret dreadnought is the most popular steel-string acoustic guitar body shape in the world. While Collings is certainly not the first to build them, they bring a new tonal clarity to the depth and warmth usually associated with such a large, deep-bodied guitar. This Pre Owned 2010 Collings D2HAMR with Adirondack and Madagascar Rosewood is in excellent condition with only a few surface scratches and very minor fretwear. It includes the original hardshell case and padded case cover.
Madagascar Rosewood resonates evenly responsive across the entire tonal register and provides a crisp, sparkling treble commonly associated with Brazilian Rosewood. Madagascar is also becoming scarce and this is a fantastic example of what a company like Collings can do with the wood.
Like all Collings, this guitar has a a huge amount of volume and presence and virtually unlimited power, which is backed up by an Adirondack Red Spruce top. Adirondack was the legendary topwood used on most pre-war American-made guitars.
Adirondack is much stiffer than Sitka Spruce, resulting in quick response and tremendous volume. When coupled with the Madagascar Rosewood, notes are airy, crisp, meaty, and well defined... it also happens to be incredibly beautiful in appearance as well.
- Shipping Weight: 68 lbs
- Serial: 16816
- Top Wood: Adirondack Spruce
- Back Wood: Madagascar Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Year: 2010
- Bracing: Prewar Scalloped Adirondack Bracing
- Inlays: Traditional Diamond and Square
- Rosette: Crosscut Grained Ivoroid and Blk/Wht Nitrate Strip
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly Tuners
- Purfling: Herringbone
- Body Binding: Ivoroid
- Fretboard Binding: Ivoroid
- Headstock Binding: Ivoroid
- Pickguard: Tortoise Style
- Backstrip: Herringbone
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Overlay: Brazilian Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: MOP Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Body Depth: 4-7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15 5/8"
- Body Length: 20"
- Total Length: 40-1/4"
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Setup High E: 2/32"
- Misc. 2: Setup Low E: 3/32"
- Misc. 3: No Tongue Brace
- Misc. 4: Fully Adjustable Truss Rod
- FP Featured - Line 1: Collings D2HAMR
- FP Featured - Line 2: Adi / Madagascar