Pre Owned 2012 Collings 290 DC Double Cutaway Faded Orange ID-6797
Pre Owned 2012 Collings 290DC Double Cutaway Faded Orange
You can't visit the Collings shop in the outskirts of Austin without traveling through the Texas hill country on Highway 290. Named after this highway, the Collings 290DC boasts amazing versatility in it's tonal spectrum. Equipped with two hand-wound Soapbar P90 pickups from Jason Lollar, the 290 DC is a modern day tribute to the original working man's rock 'n roll guitar.
To add to the straight ahead vintage tone and vibe of this 290, Collings has developed a custom Collings wrap-around tailpiece that delivers unsurpassed dynamic range and tonal versatility with a very simple and classic design. We are truly amazed by what this guitar has to offer! It is capable of producing a vast array of tones, from pristine clean tones rich with harmonic complexity to hard-hitting vintage rock tones with enough focused growl to cut through any mix.
Dial back the volume and tone, and you'll be surprised by the smooth, mellow tones that are available without ever getting muddy. This instrument will put tone back in the hands of the player, not in the hands of effect pedals or multi-channel amps.
This Pre Owned 2012 Collings 290 DC Double Cutaway Faded Orange is in excellent + condition with no wear to mention. It includes the original hardshell case.
- Serial: 290DC12159
- Top Wood: Mahogany
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24 7/8"
- Inlays: Grained Ivoroid Dot Fingerboard Inlays
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Indian Rosewood 12" Fingerboard Radius
- Nut Material: Nut
- Bridge: Tone Pros Bridge and Tailpiece
- Tuners: Gotoh SG301 Tuners with Vintage-Style Buttons
- Pickguard: Tortoise Style
- Headstock Shape: Collings Haircut Peghead
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Body Depth: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 1/2"
- Body Length: 16 1/2"
- Total Length: 38 3/4"
- Pickup(s): 2X Soapbar P90 by Jason Lollar with 50's Style Wiring
- Pickup Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone with Black Top Hat Knobs
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- Misc. 2: Hand Set Mortise and Tenon Neck Joint
- Misc. 3: Setup High E: 2/32"
- Misc. 4: Setup Low E: 3/32"