Pre Owned 2013 Collings D2H Sb Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood with Sunburst Top ID-7237
Pre Owned 2013 Collings D2H Sb Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood with Sunburst Top
The square-shouldered 14-fret dreadnought is the most popular steel-string acoustic guitar body shape in the world. While Collings is certainly not the first to build them, they bring a new tonal clarity to the depth and warmth usually associated with such a large, deep-bodied guitar.
Although its bass response makes the dreadnought ideal for vocal accompaniment, Collings versions are also often employed by bluegrass flatpickers who must compete with inherently louder instruments such as banjos and fiddles.
The standard D2H is ideal for players who find Adirondack Red Spruce too stiff for their style. Sitka Spruce is a versatile topwood that accentuates the warm round aspects of the guitar's tone. Indian Rosewood is warm and rounded with complex overtones. The D2H is a powerful dreadnought without any compromise.
The herringbone purfle is a classy visual feature and we find it also adds to the tone and responsiveness of the instrument. By cutting into the outer edge of the soundboard and replacing with herringbone, you are making changes in how the top is isolated from the side of the guitar, how freely it moves and in what direction. In our experience the addition of the herringbone makes the guitar feel a bit more "opened up" right from the start.
This custom Collings D2H Sb Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood with Sunburst Top, features a gorgeous sunburst top, and a 1 3/4" nut, instantly separating it from the rest!
This gorgeous Pre Owned 2013 Collings D2H Sb Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood with Sunburst Top is in excellent + condition with no wear, scratches or dents to mention. It has no fretwear and includes the original hardshell case.
- Shipping Weight: 57
- Serial: 21411
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Inlays: Mother of pearl diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Rosette: Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony 14"- 26" Compound fingerboard radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 2 3/16"
- Bridge: Ebony Belly
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Purfling: Herringbone
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Pickguard: Tortoise Style
- Backstrip: Matching 2-Style Backstrip
- Headstock Shape: Square headstock with volute
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Modified V neck profile
- Body Depth: 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15 5/8"
- Body Length: 20"
- Total Length: 40 1/4"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Setup High E: 2/32"
- Misc. 2: Setup Low E: 3/32"
- Misc. 3: Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- Misc. 4: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Misc. 5: Fully adjustable truss rod