Pre Owned 2013 Collings D2HG German and Indian Rosewood with Adirondack Braces and Vintage Now Neck and Bridge ID-7159
Pre Owned 2013 Collings D2H G German and Indian Rosewood
The Collings D2HG is always an instant shop favorite, featuring a German Spruce top, and Indian Rosewood back and sides. We love German Spruce here at Artisan because it not only offers a rich and complex tone, but is versatile for many different playing styles. German Spruce offers exceptional stiffness together with low weight making the tops more responsive. We often find German to be a perfect compromise between Sitka and Adirondack, since it responds so well to fingerstyle playing and also holds up to a heavy pick attack.
The square-shouldered 14-fret dreadnought is the most popular steel-string acoustic guitar body shape in the world. While Collings is certainly not the first to build them, they bring a new tonal clarity to the depth and warmth usually associated with such a large, deep-bodied guitar.
Although its bass response makes the dreadnought ideal for vocal accompaniment, Collings versions are also often employed by bluegrass flatpickers who must compete with inherently louder instruments such as banjos and fiddles. The wide range of woods and neck sizes offered allow dreadnought fans to find a Collings model ideally suited to their playing style and tonal preference.
Accompaniments like the Adirondack bracing make this guitar that much more menacing. Adirondack Bracing offers a more efficient transfer of string energy to the top, since Adirondack is much stiffer than the standard Sitka braces. This allows for a more responsive and powerful sound board.
The "Vintage Now" neck has slightly wider spacing at the saddle (2 5/16”) with 1 ¾” at the nut. This neck is slightly larger than our standard (non-vintage) profile, but is not quite as large as some of the chunkiest vintage Martin necks. This neck has more of a vintage feel, but is more palatable than our standard Vintage neck to a lot of players. The neck shape is slightly rounder (less V) in the lower position and moves towards a modified V shape as you go up the neck.
The herringbone purfling and ivoroid body binding provide an elegant finish to this wonderful instrument. Not to be confused as just a cosmetic upgrade, the herringbone purfle on this guitar makes the mahogany backed dreadnought much warmer with increased low end and richer high-end and an instant broken-in feel in regards to responsiveness.
Pre Owned 2013 Collings D2HG German and Indian Rosewood with Adirondack Braces and Vintage Now Neck and Bridge is in excellent + condition with no dents, scratches or fretwear to mention. It includes the original hardshell case.
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: 21327
- Top Wood: German Spruce
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Year: 2013
- Bracing: Adirondack Braces
- Inlays: Mother of pearl diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Rosette: Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone Cut Through Saddle
- Bridge: Ebony Vintage Now
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Purfling: Herringbone
- Body Binding: Grained ivoroid binding
- Pickguard: Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- Backstrip: Matching 2-Style Backstrip
- Headstock Shape: Square with Volute 15 degree headstock angle
- Headstock Overlay: Exotic Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Vintage Now
- Body Depth: 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15 5/8"
- Body Length: 20"
- Total Length: 40 1/4"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- Misc. 2: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Misc. 3: Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire