Pre Owned 2013 Collings SoCo Deluxe Faded Cherry with Imperial Standard Pickups ID-6966
Pre Owned 2013 Collings SoCo Deluxe Faded Cherry with Imperial Standard Pickups
Per Collings’ website: The SoCo Deluxe is named after Austin’s funky and eclectic South Congress Avenue, the Collings SoCo Dlx is all about attitude. This model brings in elements from both the I-35 and CL models to create a unique hybrid that is all its own. Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? They couldn’t have said it better. The SoCo Deluxe is slightly larger than the I-35, featuring the same Maple/Mahogany combination. There ain’t no laminate woods here; the top is all solid and meticulously carved by hand.
Bill Collings has experience in maximizing the peak resonance of each piece of Maple. The fullness and vibratory resonance, even when unplugged, is, well, incredible. Notes are effortlessly articulated, responding to your ever command. The unique hand set mortise and tenon neck joint reflects Bill Collings philosophy – ingenuity and functionality. The angled shape of the joint fits perfectly in your palm. Reaching for the 21st fret is effortless.
Collings collaborated with Jason Lollar to provide the greatest custom pickups on the market. The SoCo Deluxe features Lollars Low Wind Imperial humbuckers. Based on lower output PAF’s often found in vintage 335's, this pickup set has a brighter overall tone than the Lollar Imperials. Bottom strings hold together without distorting noticeably longer than most humbuckers.
This instrument has been custom appointed with broken glass fingerboard inlays, a flared headstock and black / white top purfling. These custom appointments along with the Faded Cherry Finish makes this a stunning piece. It is warm and articulate. It is in excellent + condition with a few very minor surfaces scratches, minor fretwear and includes the original hardshell case. We did our recording of the guitar on a Carr Amplifier. Have you heard it? Tell us what you think!
- Shipping Weight: 68 lbs
- Serial: SOCO12361
- Top Wood: Premium Figured Maple
- Back Wood: Semi-Hollow Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24 7/8"
- Year: 2013
- Inlays: Broken Glass
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood 12" Radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: Tone Pros Bridge and Tailpiece
- Tuners: Closed Back Nickel Tuners with Vintage-Style Buttons
- Purfling: Black/White Purfling
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid Bindings
- Headstock Shape: Deluxe Flared Headestock
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Broken Glass
- Neck Profile: Deluxe Flared Headstock
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Pickup(s): Imperial Standard with Jazz Wiring
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Setup High E: 2/32"
- Misc. 2: Setup Low E: 3/32"
- Misc. 3: High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- Misc. 4: Inset Maple Center Block
- Misc. 5: Fully Carved Top with F-Holes
- Misc. 6: Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- Misc. 7: Hand Set Mortise and Tenon Neck Joint
- Misc. 8: Jazz Wiring (High Wind Imperials with modern wiring and wax potting)