Pre-Owned Collings MT2 Mandola with Tortoise Bindings and Bound Pickguard ID-6591
Pre-Owned Collings MT2 Mandola with Tortoise Bindings and Bound Pickguard
We are very pleased to offer another Collings MT2 Mandola featuring a gloss sunburst top and gloss flamed maple back and sides, finished off by a tortoise bound ebony pickguard. This instrument can be smooth and sweet or powerful and dominant, depending on how it's played. Everything we love about Collings masterbuilt mandolins is present in this Mandola, magnified by the much larger body and lower tuning, offering smooth response and playability with rich low end and clear, pleasing trebles.
Adirondack Spruce is the featured topwood on this mandola, offering virtually unlimited power and crystal clear treble. Flamed maple back and sides is a classic wood for the back and sides of mandolin family instruments, offering a bright, punchy, immediate tone. The 2 piece flamed back of this instrument is gorgeous, especially when set off by the tortoise bindings and ebony pickgaurd. Come and play this instrument today... you won't regret it!
This Collings Mandola is in excellent condition with only a few minor scratches on the pickguard, top and back. These scratches are barely visible and could not be photographed. It includes the original hardshell case.
- Serial: A2167
- Top Wood: Adirondack Spruce
- Back Wood: Maple
- Nut Width: 1 5/16"
- Scale: 15.9"
- Bracing: Tone Bar Bracing
- Inlays: Pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fretboard: 22-fret radiused ebony fingerboard
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: Collings adjustable ebony bridge
- Tuners: Nickel tuners
- Body Binding: Tortise
- Pickguard: Tortoise Bound Ebony Pickguard
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Inlay: Mother-of-pearl Collings logo
- Body Depth: 2 1/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 11 1/4"
- Total Length: 29 3/8"
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Collings original one-piece tailpiece
- Misc. 2: Full high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Misc. 3: Flourish peghead inlay
- Misc. 4: Adjustable truss rod