The 12-fret 000 has the same general appearance as the Collings 00, but in a larger size with longer string scale. Although it's the same width and depth as the OM, the longer body typically produces more bass and overall volume. This makes the Collings 000 ideal for string-band purists or any guitarist who wants a maximum of power from an instrument of comfortable size with an elegant, old-time appearance. This particular model features a short-scale length and a cutaway for easy access to the high notes.
With a Sitka Spruce top and Indian Rosewood back and sides, this guitar has a clear, focused tone that is rich in lows without overpowering the balanced high end. The short scale length makes for a guitar that is almost effortless to play. The Sitka Spruce top on this instrument responds well to fingerstyle and moderate flatpicking, with round notes and lush chords up and down the neck. The Collings 000 models are always some of the most versatile instruments in the shop, and this one is no different.... it will be right at home in jam circles, on stage, or in the studio, regardless the style of music.
Video Available! Listen to a Collings 0002H demonstrated by Pete Huttlinger!
- Select Sitka spruce
- East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Grained ivoroid binding
- Herringbone trim with matching backstrip
- Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany Neck
- Solid peghead with Brazilian rosewood overlay
- Mother-of-pearl Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard and pyramid bridge
- Traditional diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners with Ivoroid Buttons
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- String Spacing at Bridge: 2 3/16"
- Scale: 24 7/8"
- Body Length: 20 1/4"
- Body Depth: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
This instrument has been spoken for. Please call 866-265-5993 or email email@example.com to inquire about a similar instrument.