2008 Martin HD 28V Custom 1 of 10 with Adirondack and Indian Rosewood ID-9007
2008 Martin HD 28V Custom 1 of 10 with Adirondack and Indian Rosewood
C.F. Martin & Company is a US guitar manufacturer established in 1833 by Christian Frederick Martin. Martin is highly regarded for its steel-string guitars and is a leading mass-manufacturer of flattop acoustics. The most popular Martin Vintage Series model, the Martin HD 28V is a modern re-creation of the classic herringbone Dreadnought. Channeling legends like Hank Williams, this guitar carries a distinct prestige that can only come from the Martin Vintage Series collection.
This instrument is number 1 of 10 custom Martin HD-28V's which were created for Gruhn Guitars in Nashville Tn. This Dreadnought incorporates the most popular pre-war features into a vintage Herringbone D-2 format. Grained ivoroid bindings, forward-shifted scalloped bracing, butterbean tuning machines, and diamond-and-squares fingerboard inlay are combined to make an exceptional pre-war replica both in tone and appearance.
This guitar combines a custom Adirondack top, Golden Era style Adirondack bracing and a thicker 1-3/4" nut width which makes the excellent HD28V even better. Finished off with a gloss body finish, aging toner on top and a bevelled & polished tortoise pickguard this is a true classic that you will play and enjoy for years to come.
The Adirondack top provides ample power suitable for most applications. The tone is punchy, bright, clear and loud. Additionally, the Adirondack top allows for lots of headroom and power when you need it. Adirondack is the stiffest tonewood and provides an instant attack and unmatched clarity, though it takes a bit more pick attack to drive it.
This 2008 Martin HD-28V is in excellent condition with only a few barely distinguishable dents and scratches. It has minor fretwear and includes the original hardshell case.
- Serial: 1368295
- Top Wood: Adirondack Spruce
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25.4"
- Year: 2008
- Bracing: Adirondack Scalloped 5/16" Standard
- Inlays: Diamonds & Squares - Long Pattern
- Rosette: Style 28
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Fretboard: Solid Black Ebony 16" Radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone 16" Radius / Compensated
- Saddle Spacing: 2-1/4''
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: White w/ Tortoise Colored Dots
- Tuners: Gotoh Nickel Open Geared w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Purfling: Bold Herringbone
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Backstrip: HD Zig Zag
- Headstock Shape: Solid/Diamond/SquareTaper
- Headstock Overlay: East Indian Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: Raised Gold Foil
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included