Collings Baby 2H Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood ID-7015
Collings Baby 2H Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood
The Collings Baby 2H Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood offers a classic combination of Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood. This combination is favorable for many playing styles as it offers the most versatility in regards to heavy or light playing. Rosewood offers a lush, rich tone with lots of reverberation like properties and a full low end.
Collings' smallest model is a rarity among fractional size guitars: most listeners never guess that it's not a full-size instrument unless they see it being played. The Collings Baby is approximately a 3/4 size version of their OM, 12 1/2 inches wide in the lower bout with a 24 1/8 inch scale, and the headstock and bridge are scaled to match. Sometimes the Baby is used as a travel guitar, but it often sees duty as a songwriter's tool, the guitar that's ready at a moment's notice and can be played while seated in any position.
Upon arrival at Artisan, we are all continually impressed with these small-bodied wonders. We find the tone to be quite large compared to what we expected out of such a small guitar. The low end is remarkable, even on par with many of the single and 00 models we see come through the shop. This is a guitar you can sit and play for hours on end without fatigue, thanks to the small profile and short-scale length. It's almost impossible to put down and offers many creative possibilities that you may not come up with on larger guitars.
- Shipping Weight: 68 lbs
- Serial: 21055
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24 1/8"
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Inlays: MOP diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Rosette: Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- Nut Material: Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 2 3/16"
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly with 16:1 Ratio
- Purfling: Herringbone
- Body Binding: Grained ivoroid binding
- Pickguard: Tortoise-style pickguard
- Backstrip: 2-Style
- Headstock Shape: Square Headstock with Volute
- Headstock Overlay: Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Modified V neck profile
- Body Depth: 3 15/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 12 1/2"
- Body Length: 17 1/8"
- Total Length: 36 1/2"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Fully adjustable truss rod
- Misc. 2: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Misc. 3: Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire