Collings Guitars 001 Traditional
The traditional series 001 body shape provides a new vintage-inspired tone, different from the signature Collings sound. The Mahogany construction combined with the traditional build come together to create a dry, articulate and woody sound that exemplifies everything we know and love about vintage guitars. This Collings Guitars 001 Traditional may just be what your vintage-inspired loving heart needs!
Originally built with similar dimensions and characteristics of a Nylon Stringed guitars, the 001 features a pyramid style bridge and a slotted headstock that changed the break angle, helping notes bounce off the fretboard with ease and volume. The all Mahogany construction creates a dry and clear sounding instrument with low overtones and a punchy mid-range response. If you're looking for a vintage instrument (which we all are) these Collings Guitars may just be the solution to our Vintage obsessions!
- Model: 001 Mh 12-Fret Traditional
- Serial: 31753
- Top: Honduran Mahogany
- Back & Sides: Honduran Mahogany
- Construction: Traditional
- Neck: Honduran Mahogany
- Body Binding: Tortoise w/ Custom Wood Purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony Pyramid-Style w/ 2 5/16" Spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony w/ Gold MOP Short Dots
- Bridge/End Pins: Tortoise
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, Drop-In
- Neck Profile: Traditional
- Peghead Profile: Tapered Slotted Square w/ Volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & Tenon Hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully Adjustable
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony w/ Gold MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 Ratio)
- Backstrip: 1-style Walnut
- Rosette: Custom Wood
- Scale: 24 7/8"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Pattern: Custom Traditional Series Pre-War Scalloped X-Brace (No Tongue Brace)
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" Compound
- Finish: High Gloss Ultra-Thin Nitro Lacquer
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL