Collings OM2H A Adirondack Spruce and Indian Rosewood ID-7264
Collings OM2H A Adirondack Spruce and Indian Rosewood
The OM body size has been favored by fingerstyle players for years, but has made its mark in flatpicking and strumming with its unique clarity and projection. Living up to the pedigree and namesake Collings has established, this OM2HA is no exception and is a true delight to play. This Collings OM2HA is built with an Adirondack Spruce top, Indian Rosewood back and sides, a solid Mahogany neck, and Ebony fingerboard and bridge. It boasts the projection and tonal clarity Collings is known for, while still maintaining a good measure of warmth on the bottom end.
The body size of the OM lends itself towards a more focused and defined tone than a typical dreadnought size, yet the folks at Collings build with volume in mind. This OM2HA no doubt represents the defined aspects of the OM; with a crisp, clear tone across the entire spectrum.
The Adirondack Spruce top makes for an OM sized guitar that handles flatpicking very well, boasting virtually unlimited headroom and power. It is extremely comfortable to hold and play, making it nearly impossible to put down, and very little tone is sacrificed front the OM size.
The set of Indian Rosewood used on the back and sides of this guitar keep things very warm with tone that is rich, full, and powerful. Aside from the tonal benefits, it is an especially attractive set of tonewood, as seen in our photographs.
This OM2H is custom appointed with a 1 3/4" nut width which gives you plenty of room for complex chord shapes. Additional standard appointments include the Herringbone top purfling, ivoroid body binding and nickel Waverly turners.
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: 21433
- Top Wood: Adirondack Spruce
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Inlays: Mother of pearl diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Rosette: Wood nitrate strip rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 2 3/16"
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Purfling: Herringbone
- Body Binding: Grained ivoroid
- Pickguard: Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- Backstrip: 2-style backstrip
- Headstock Shape: Square headstock with volute
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Modified V neck profile
- Body Depth: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Fully adjustable truss rod
- Misc. 2: 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Misc. 3: Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- Misc. 4: Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire