Maton Guitars 808C J.R. Joe Robinson Signature Cutaway
The J.R. Signature model is the next chapter of a relationship that stretches back almost 15 years. Joe first visited Artisan Guitars during his introduction to Nashville while here for a recording session. Since that time Joe has met and performed with some of Nashville's finest "A-list" players. He accelerated well beyond his youth as a professional side man who can sit in with the top players in the world.
We are proud to announce the release of the Joe Robinson Signature Model Guitar.
One of the most inspiring players and singer/songwriters in the industry today, 29-year-old Australian native Joe Robinson has always been demanding of his instruments, and has been incredibly particular about the specifications. The J.R. Signature Model features Tasmanian Myrtle back and sides with a spruce top, jumbo frets, an ultra-playable neck, and the lightest satin finish possible.
“I’ve been playing Maton guitars since I was 14 years old," Robinson said. “They really are a huge part of my sound, and it means a lot that the relationship has moved to this level. I am so proud of this signature guitar. It is everything I hoped it would be and more. The sound, feel and build quality are impeccable. I am so happy this guitar is now out in the world for others to enjoy.“
The proprietary Maton "808" body shape is similar, though slightly smaller that the US OM Model. However, the standard body depth of the 808 is substantially deeper at 4-7/8". This is significant, as moving the top and back further apart enhances the bass element within the tonal character of the voicing (bracing technique), complimenting the different wood combination.
In its 5th generation, the AP5 Pro features an internal Microphone and 6-Piezo bridge input, with controls that allow for blending of both microphone and piezo levels prior to sending the actively combined signals through the well engineered pre-amp.
The highly selective cardioid microphone system allows for much greater microphone level before feedback in live environments. This upgraded AP5-Pro microphone is direct mounted to the pre-amp casing with an adjustable arm, which permits easy final tweaking of microphone position to suit the individual artist's playing style.
Using the ‘Sweep-able Mid’ controls. Mid-range is sweep-able from 1 to 2khz and can be cut or boosted within this range. As a general rule we start out with all settings ‘flat’ then alter them to achieve the desired tone & presence based on the venue or recording environment. For example, an open, natural sound can be achieved by setting the frequency control at 1.4khz and the boost/cut control at 5db. Alternatively, for a ‘thick’ lead sound boost your mid's by 5db and set the frequency dial at 1.7kh.
- Model: JR Signature
- Body Shape: 808C
- Face: "AA" Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Tasmanian Myrtle
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Rosewood
- Bracing: Scalloped Maton X
- Face Inlay/Rosette: Herringbone
- Inner Binding: 5-ply B/W/B/W/B Purfling
- Outer Binding: Rock Maple
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5")
- Headstock Veneer: Myrtle Veneer w/ Pearl Maton Logo (Front) and JR Signature Decal (Back)
- Fretwire: 241 x 1.19mm Stainless Steel
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736" - 1 47/64")
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165" - 2 11/64")
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Natural Satin
- Top Finish: Natural Satin
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pick guard: Black with Gold M
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard
- Pickup: AP5 PRO
- Sound hole Diameter: 95mm
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53