Maton Guitars EBG808 Artist
The combination of a “AAA” Sitka Spruce soundboard, streaky Ebony fingerboard, Ebony bridge and Blackwood back, sides and neck produces a tone that is rich, full, well balanced and with the rich sweet highs essential to the tone of this fantastic guitar. This Maton EBG is one of the best selling 808 models for a reason!
Built with the touring musician and session player in mind, the 808 body size has been wowing guitar players since 1978. Within it's smaller shape lies a powerful bass response and projecting tone that is sure to surprise even the most seasoned instrumentalists. When built with Maton's proprietary pickup system(AP5 Pro), there is no stopping what many believe to be the most versatile guitar that they've ever played.
The AP5 Pro Pickup System includes a separate microphone and piezo pickup, both of which can be blended via their individual controls. The microphone is direct mounted to the preamp casing via an adjustable arm, which permits easy final tweaking of microphone position to suit the individual artists style.
- Top Wood: "AAA" Select" Grade Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: Blackwood
- Nut Width: 1.736
- Scale: 25.5"
- Inlays: MOP snowflake inlays
- Rosette: Herringbone soundhole rosette
- Neck Wood: Select Queensland Maple
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Bridge: Ebony
- Tuners: Gold Grover Rotomatic
- Body Binding: Five-ply inner binding Blackwood outer binding
- Pickguard: Tortoise shell
- Headstock Shape: Blackwood veneer keyhole headstock
- Headstock Overlay: Blackwood
- Headstock Inlay: Maton Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Body Depth: 4 59/64"
- Lower Bout Width: 14 13/32"
- Upper Bout Width: 11 7/32"
- Total Length: 39 23/32"
- Pickup(s): AP5-Pro pickup system
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Serial: 22046