Maton Guitars EBG808 - Custom Jet Black Satin Nitro Finish
This Maton Guitars EBG808 is perfect for the stage with it's Custom Jet Black Finish. This team-built Limited Edition features a custom Black Full-body Satin Nitro Finish.
Built with a tonewood combination of Sitka Spruce and Victorian Blackwood, you'll be captured immediately by the sweet high end response and subtle overtones that come out of this 808 body size.
The 808 shape is a proprietary shape invented by Maton in the late 70's that caught on like wildfire and is their best selling body shape to this day. The 808 shape is the depth of a dreadnought, giving this smaller (almost OM size) guitar a much larger bass response.
Take your Maton straight to the stage with the proprietary AP5 Pro Pickup system! The AP5 Pro is the best acoustic pickup system in the world and features a cardioid microphone (on an adjustable arm) combined with an under-saddle piezo that blend together to create an authentic (yet very customizable) acoustic guitar sound!
This sweet one-of-a-kind 808 has a satin nitro finish which will over time 'shine up' in various contact areas from handling and playing it. So, dismiss the small shiny area next to the bridge (treble side) that occurred in shipping the long distance from Melbourne.
Regardless, short supply and likely not to be repeated, we are honored to offer this one.
- Model: EBG808
- Body Shape: 808
- Face: "AA Select" Grade Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: A Grade Solid Blackwood
- Neck: Select Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Streaky Ebony
- Face Inlay/Rosette: Herringbone
- Soundhole Diameter: 95mm
- Bracing: Maton Scalloped X
- Inner Binding: W/B/W
- Outer Binding: Ivory
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5")
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736" - 1 47/64")
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165" - 2 11/64")
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots
Back & Sides Finish: Custom Full-body Jet Black Satin
- Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Hardcase
- Pickup: AP5 PRO
- Serial: 23371