Maton Guitars EMD6 Diesel Mini - 16252
Maton Guitars EMD6 Diesel Mini
The "D" stands for Maton Mini Diesel! Mark Denis Lizotte is an American-born Australian singer-songwriter and musician, who has released material under the name Diesel, Johnny Diesel, as leader of band Johnny Diesel & the Injectors
Don't let this adult mini travel guitar fool you, because it can pack a serious punch! Some players have made comments on forums, the Maton Mini lacks character. Due to the short scale and lower string tension, they would be wise to play to the Mini's attributes, gently and accurately - not to overdrive the super short scale.
The Maton Guitars EM6 is a traveling songwriter's dream. Built with a smaller scale (22.7"); this Maton has become a favorite of artists all over the world because of their powerful tone & ease of playabillity.
The tonewood combination of Sitka Spruce & Victorian Blackwood is warm with excellent string balance up and down the fretboard. The Maton Double X brace gives plenty of volume & projection; it is always a surprise how loud these little Mini's can be!
Keith Urban is often seen performing with his Maton Mini Diesel, and our pal Carl Wockner performs with 2 Mini Diesel's, making some amazing music. Both crazy cool players from Oz!
How can this traveling powerhouse get any better? Add the Maton AP5-Pro pickup system! Take your Mini to the stage without modification, and enjoy the acoustically articulate 6-pickup rail system recessed into the bridge plate, that gives a wonderfully transparent sound with a natural, authentic acoustic guitar sound.
- Model: EMD-6
- Body Shape: Mini
- Face: "AA" Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: "AA" Blackwood
- Neck: Blackwood
- Fingerboard and Bridge: Streaky Ebony
- Sound hole Diameter: 90mm
- Bracing: Mini Maton Double X
- Face Inlay/Rosette: Laser Cut "M" Monogram
- Outer Binding: Ivory ABS
- Inner Binding: Herringbone
- Scale Length: 57.78cm (22.7")
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6130 Jumbo
- Number of Frets: 19
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736" - 1 47/64")
- 15th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165" - 2 11/64")
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Satin/Vintage Amber
- Top Finish: Satin/Vintage Amber Burst
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Gold Grover Rotomatic
- Pick guard: Tortoiseshell with Gold M
- End Pin/Strap: Gold
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Mini Hardshell Case
- Pickup: AP5 PRO
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 13-56
- Serial: 14068
Maton Guitars Custom Shop TE Personal Cutaway - 16515
Maton Guitars Custom Shop TE Personal Cutaway - 16515 It takes a great guitar to meet the demands of such a great player. Designed in conjunction with guitar great Tommy...
Maton Guitars EMD12 Diesel Mini - 16513
Maton Guitars EMD12 Diesel Mini - 16513 The "D" stands for Maton Mini Diesel! Mark Denis Lizotte is an American-born Australian singer-songwriter and musician, who has released material under the...
Maton Guitars EM100C-808 Messiah Cutaway - 16510
Maton Guitars EM100C-808 Messiah Cutaway - 16510 A beauty to look at and a masterpiece when played. - The Maton EM100-808 Messiah is a guitar icon in Australia, and features...